My dream for my hard copies of books, when someday we buy a home that we will live in for longer than 3 years, is to have a study that adjoins to a small room with French doors that leads to my baby grand piano. The room would overlook an awesome view of course.
The study is where I would have 4 huge recliners, lots of natural light from large windows and skylights, and huge built in cherry wood bookshelves on all sides of the room.
A girl can dream right?
Anyways this book was fun. It started off slow but picked up. I enjoyed the plot and characters but the I did have a problem with some items.
And maybe because I had just read a book about slavery that I picked on one of John carters friend with the initials of KKK...and then the reference to his "pup" as an absolute dedicated slave...to serve him for his whole life.
And that his one true princess was of "red" skin...Native American. A wild untamable frontiersmen falling for a beautiful chief's daughter...
I think I'm just overly Sensitive but it still irked me. Mr. Burroughs writes like any good writer does, he draws on the things he knows and having lived when he did, it all makes sense.
Predictable but enjoyable. I did like this book and will most likely be purchasing a hard copy of the trilogy.
No comments:
Post a Comment