Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book #11

Was not a page turner. Adventure filled but I struggled until about 3/4 the way through it. The latter part was good.

Jane's character is weak. But I have to remind myself again at what time this was written and what social norms made up the society. If I take that into account her character is fine.

Tarzan's character is more complex. And I really enjoyed reading the way he thought and developed. That was intriguing. His humor and genuine likability made him a great protagonist.

Wanted to read the next book but I could not immerse myself into it. So I cheated. I read the Wikipedia plot summary. I'm glad I did.

How much longer I would of had to wait to see how the story ended.

Glad I read it but glad I only had an e-copy of it.

Happy Conference Weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive