Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Running

Running.

I am convinced being a mother involves more than adaquate exercise.

Recently Joshua has moved on to a real bike, with training wheels but he now goes much faster than he use to on his Radio Flyer bike.

As a consequance I've had to take up running again. Something that I loath. Wish I was like Erin, and loved to run but I really detest it.

I put Samuel in the double jogging stroller, grab my iPhone and we are off.

My endurance has always been high and when I start exercising again I get that high and don't want to stop.

But my child only lasts about 25 minutes.

I find myself telling him, "come on let's go a little longer."

Boy is that a mistake.

Because then he wants to go play soccer.

Another 25 minutes of exercise.

I think people worry that with children you won't be able to exercise.

But they are wrong.

Exercising is constant with children. Playing soccer with a three year old while holding a twenty odd some pound baby is more work than it sounds.

But it makes me happy we are having fun and being healthy as a family.

I really like my job.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I know...I know...I will try to do better on my updates! :) It was fun to read all of yours and see your cute boys growing up way out there! We miss you guys!

Blog Archive