*I've been spoiled my whole life. For obvious reasons, good family, amazing friends, adopted into the covenant, etc...
*I grew up with Elder Lund, President Beck, President Eyring, Elder Buscha, Elder Anderson, and many more in my ward and neighborhood.
*When I went to the temple I didn't worry about the fact that I could only afford 1-2 pairs of garments.
*My gospel instruction came from well educated emeritus Elder's or highly educated women (Law Professors from BYU).
*My neighbor might of been in a different stake.
*I knew all the "non-member" houses in my neighborhood, only because I knew everyone else on the street.
*The depth of the ward was immense, anyone could of been EQP or RSP.
*I could walk to the 2 people I visit taught.
*my high school had a 98% member status.
*Seminary consisted of released time, in a building I walked 10 feet to from my high school.
I knew that living in Utah I was sheltered. I knew that Bountiful was a special place. But it took moving out the south, an hour away from Nashville to really understand that. The field is white and ready to harvest, but actually it is still a field, with weeds, snakes, and other unforeseen obstacles. Before you harvest it requires much more work. The depth is non-existent and Matt and I have felt overworked.
But after talking to Matt and a good friend here, I am understanding better. When Matt was called to be in the Elder's Quorum back in our student ward our Stake President told us not to overwork ourselves but to do our duty. That our first responsibility was to each other, then our children, then his job/career, and then our church callings. Only when you become an Apostle does that order change. So don't let your church callings overtake your life, just do your duty. Loved President R!
After being charred on Sunday we quite being members. But Matt said something interesting to me. He said, "Well I am doing all that I can, and my family comes first, so I guess that is it."
What a great husband I have. He always helps me keep perspective. I have OCD so when things don't go according to plan or people get frustrated that our organization isn't working I take it personal. But I shouldn't. I'm doing all that I can. My family comes first. And I just have to do my duty. Don't over work. Just keep perspective. Matt and I are the happiest we've ever been and adore our children. We often laugh at how immature we are and how in the world did we get so happy at such a young age?
I am really happy here and we have been given so much.
So I am just going to do my duty and know that Heavenly Father knows where my heart is. And that is all that matters.
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
1 comment:
spoiled in deed :)
i really miss new york, and a more missionary position to stand out a bit more than in Utah or Idaho. It was hard with a calling needing more time and responsibility, but that two year in NY were so special and sacred to me. now i am wondering if i will ever feel that way about wyoming?!
Post a Comment