Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wondering...

I couldn't sleep last night. Many factors contributed to this. But one was my concern about my boys. Having children makes you vulnerable. Vulnerable because you love them more than words can express. It sounds cliche but it is true. You can't know what it's like to be a parent until you are one.

But one issue has been making me despondent. People will hurt my children. Meaning, emotionally, maybe physically, and even perhaps spiritually. A post from a friend on Facebook made me think more about this. She said her daughter was upset because some girls in the neighborhood were mean to her.

I have seen Joshua's face when other children don't want to play with him or when others have been mean. That face he makes when he's upset because of other's action, is horrific. His pain is magnified by mine more than a thousand fold.

How do parents do this? I don't want my precious sons growing up in a world that will chew them up. They are so happy and so perfect right now. I want to shelter them from anything that would cause them pain.

But I know I can't. And I know the pain they will experience is for their good.

But I am scared.

I love them too much to see that.

I see now why being a parent is more of a teaching experience for the parent than it is for the child. Heavenly Father wants us to see how it is when He sees us in pain. How He feels when others hurt us.

Which helps us understand better His unconditional Love.

I am grateful for that knowledge and His unceasing hand in my life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Samuel!


Happy Samuel...



Samuel Today...

No comments:

Blog Archive