Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

But I want my Umpa Lumpa NOW

In high school my best friends were all at least 6 feet tall. Which made us a really funny group because I'm barely pushing 5'2. One started to call me Umpa Lumpa and it is a nickname that just kind of stuck. So when I use to complain to them they'd say, oh poor Umpa Lumpa.

I'm officially 37 weeks now. No baby. No contractions anymore. My doctor is going out of town next week so I definitely want to wait until my original scheduled c-section day, April 12th. I'm going CRAZY!!!!!

I had to deal with the idea that this baby would most likely come early so like an OCD freak I prepared everything. Now I am just waiting. Waiting.

But I am extremely grateful I'm out of the danger zone and reached 37 weeks. Thanks for all the prayers! The stats for a baby who is born unhealthy at 37 weeks is 1 in 100. However at 39 weeks 1 in 1000 isn't healthy. So the stats are significantly better for this little boy if he can make it to the 12th. And matt has been really nervous because he says I'm so small. True I'm no where near I was with Josh but Joshua was two weeks late. Also a little concerning at our 36 week appointment I lost a few pounds. But no worries I gained them back this last week. But my husband said, 'I'd of been more happy if you gained 8lbs.' so sweet. And at this last appointment my measurements had not changed.

So maybe this is a good thing but I WANT MY LITTLE UMPA LUMPA NOW!!!!!

I feel so selfish. But I'm done. I want to eat again. I want to start recovering from my c and start holding this little one. Start exercising again and being more independent--not to mention more mobile.

Thank goodness conference is coming so I can be make it through this. I know I will be smacked for my lack of patience, taught to be grateful that I'm able to have kids, and smacked again for being so self-centered.

I tend to do better when my reprimanding comes from GA's instead of my dear husband. Who I know is in the right and never uses anything but perfect gentleness to tell me I'm wrong.

So here is to the 12th and waiting so my baby will be healthy and my great OB will be back.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I lost weight about that time with Eli too. Then it took a few weeks before I had stayed the same, and then gained a few pounds. I think it's pretty common, nothing was wrong with Eli, and everything was just fine. I am sure it's nothing to stress much over. Glad things are looking up.

Amy Jane said...

Haha! Umpa lumpa...you are way cuter than a little green man. :)

Blog Archive