Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's a Guy Thing...



This is a video of Joshua's latest project. Everyday he has to build a 'house' for 'Pa-Pas.' And we can't put it away at the end of the day but have to knock over the previous days work and start fresh each day because 'pa-pas' needs a HOUSE! Looks like I am going to make it in all aspects to the 12th! Yes! Something in my pregnancy actually went right...holding my breath and crossing my fingers still though.

Here are just a few funny things/Confessions I've been thinking about.

-Today I filled my last bottle of Zofran! Never to return again to that pharmacy and have all the tech's ask how I'm doing and feeling so bad that I have to take this medicine so often.

-This is the last weekend we will ever have one child! Exciting but terrifying at the same time!

-Hate it when people tell me to 'rest up because your life will get crazy soon.' Well, duh! But honestly, did you forget what it was like at this stage in pregnancy? Waking up every hour to use the restroom and uncomfortable sleeping because your legs fall asleep and you have to move the massive bowling ball attached to your stomach.

-I have a phone phobia. I hate talking to people on the phone. I hate 'chit chatting.' I know, I'm a messed up girl but I hate aimless rambling on the phone...doesn't matter who you are (except for my sister Emily because I never see her and feel like she's on a different planet). But because of all the stuff that happened to Matt while in Japan and my bedrest situation people call me....which I am ever SO GRATEFUL FOR but I'm afraid. I hate talking! Please don't be mad/offended...I just hate it!

-Not looking forward to breastfeeding crap again. The clothing, the accessories, the feeding, and the work of actually getting into a rhythm with the little one. But breastfeeding is incredible and I do LOVE the benefit I get and my son gets, so I sacrifice.

-I won't have an excuse any longer to wear PJ's all day long, everyday. I gave up on wearing jeans about a month ago. THey just were so uncomfortable and so I have lived in my comfy yoga pants since then.

-I will have to start wearing a bra on a regular basis again...like 24/7. Which I hate! Funny story--I had to drop something off at the doctor's real fast so I hurried and threw my coat on and some slippers and jumped in the car. I finally arrived feeling that something was a muck. I looked in the mirror and guess what I discovered...yup, no bra. Completely forgot about it. Good thing I had a jacket on.

-I am actually incredibly dumb during my pregnancies. I have a real hard time contemplating and processing information. I usually just furrow my brow and look confused. I don't think I'm that dumb but for the past 9 months I've felt like my cerebellum has seriously shrunk. Poor brain. But I've been able to blame pregnancy for my 'blonde' moments but now, if I do something stupid, I can't blame anyone else but myself.

But WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR LITTLE SAMUEL! Yes, Samuel is the name, and no we aren't doing bible names, just like those names. I feel like it's my wedding day or something equally amazing approaching and like matt said I have less than 72 hours to go. Yes, I'm going to go under the knife, leave my precious Joshua for 4/5 days (something I am petrified of doing because I'm a control freak and can't control what will happen to him during that time), and have to come home and recover from major surgery and try and figure out this two child parenting technique BUT I'm so excited! Excited to be a family of four! Excited to be surrounded by so many cute boys!

Boys are the best! Conference was amazing wasn't it! The first session I listen to on my phone is priesthood because I never got to hear it and it is always the best! I am elated by the chance I get to help turn boys into men. What an incredible experience is ahead of us!


4 comments:

Maddie said...

confession: I still wear my sweats almost all day everyday still so I won't judge you if you do!! Good luck with your new guy!! Let us know if you need anything.

Nikki Taylor said...

Ahhh!!! New baby week!! I can't wait to see little Samuel (I LOVE that name!) Best of luck to you. I know you will handle it all so well. It's not very fun, but SO worth it! I know I live kind of far away but if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask! I would make the drive for you! ;) Love ya! Post pics ASAP!!

Cierra Johnson said...

Um, I feel like you just read my mind about the talking on the phone thing!!!! I totally understand! Good luck with everything this week! I would love to help if you need anything! :)

Becky said...

Amazing building skills Josh! Yes boys are the best!! I will be thinking about you tomorrow!

Blog Archive