My surgery went well. It went a lot faster than I thought. I had my great OB and he seemed comfortable enough to talk about mountain biking and his son'sTacoma during my surgery. So of course I jumped in on those conversations. The only time I was nervous is when he said, 'scalpel.' I was like crap, what if the anesthesia isn't working and I feel this cut, ah, ah, so I quickly turned to matt and said, 'tell me about the awesome green coat I'm going to have one day. You know the one from BR?'
It Worked. Before I knew it I heard Samuel cry. He was born at 7:59am, weighed 7.12 (I guessed he would be 7.11), and was 19 inches. He's adorable and pretty much perfect. Oddly enough he doesn't look a thing like Joshua. He has kept his eyes shut pretty much the whole time but is now finally starting to open them. They seem to be grayish but who knows if that will last or if they'll just turn light brown.
I'm doing so much better than when I had a c section with Joshua. The pain isn't nearly as bad and I'm able to walk without feeling like my entire stomach is going to topple over and spill out.
I did abnormally well that the on-call OB said I was by far the best walker and that he couldn't believe I was walking so much after a c-section. Yes! I'm hoping this means that my recovery will be quicker and less drawn out.
Either way I'm elated. I feel so blessed So many things went right this time and Matt an I are closer then ever before. We are both scared about how we are going to do this but we are moving forward together so it won't be impossible.
My husband is truly amazing. He cares so much and DOES so much for me. I'm so lucky to have a husband like matt. I'm so lucky to be in love with my best friend.
PS I have some fAmily photos of us but Jessie hasn't emailed me them yet but when she does I will post.



6 comments:
Yeah for a healthy, beautiful baby boy! He is perfect in every way. Seriously. I am so glad to hear this c-section when better than the first. If you are already up and walking it sounds like it will be a quicker recovery for you as well. You deserve it! And yeah for Matt for being the best! You guys are a beautiful family of four and great examples.
HE IS PERFECT! so cute girl! and he doesn't look like Josh haha I love it! Please please text me if you need anything :D
Ritz- He is so cute. Congrats. I am so excited for you guys and I hope that the recovery continues to go well. You will do so great with two and it will be challenging but you are so strong and such a great mom. I hope all is well and keep the pictures coming your family is so adorable and perfect in EVERY way! Loves, please let me know if you need ANYTHING! XOXO
You did it! He is so precious! Can't wait to hold him!
Congratulations! You are officially a mommy of two :) I guess it kinda seems like yesterday that we were sitting in Dawny's class at your house and now we have our own families. Good luck!
-Missy
yay maritza! he's adorable! i'm so happy that there were no early surprises :)
Post a Comment