Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas 2013


This year we were alone in TN. We were excited to do our own thing again and it was very relaxed. Ben and Samuel were sick most of the break. But other then that our time was well spent. 

We went to the temple, ate lots of junk, and watched tons of Christmas movies. 

I think it is important to make an effort to see our family at least once a year but I am not looking forward to traveling with little ones. It's a 5 hour flight to UT and how do you carry/watch 3 kids, luggage, and 3 carseats? 

My boys were so excited for Christmas and Joshua was super excited about going to bed early so Santa would come sooner.  

We had a tornado warning that weekend so I'm glad we were here because if we had been gone I would of been incredibly nervous about our home. Tornadoes and Christmas ... Wish it was snow though. 

It has been a great year and I cannot imagine what the next year will bring. I really have no idea what is ahead but  grateful for what I have experienced and who I've has in my life this year. 

Like I said, they all love to take pics together. 

My little elf. 

I just LOVE this boy! 

I live for moments of cuddling with little ones! 

Probably the best picture from our break. 

Who doesn't love playing with ribbons? 

Presents! 

They really are best friends! 


2 comments:

Cierra Johnson said...

so glad to see you had a great Christmas, and so happy to see you adding to your "talk list" ;) I'm quickly working my way through the one you sent and can't wait to listen to this one.

Also, love your "highs and lows" post. such a great way to acknowledge the hard stuff, while still recognizing the awesome stuff! ;)

Smith Family said...

You need to read Daughters of God by S. Michael wilcox...it's sooo good and all about mothers and being a women in the gospel. If you loved those talks I would recommend that book.

For sure love your high/low post and I will probably keep doing those--helps me see the good and the hard.

Blog Archive