Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book #21

Annals of The Mind Legion, by Craig Woll

I had tried to read this book earlier but I couldn't get into it. I had just read The Kite Runner and I was so emotionally drained from that book. That book was like watching a Law & Order SVU marathon. 

But this book is a great read. An original idea for a story and great writing. I think I was really drawn back to it because I knew it talked about mountain biking a bit and since I am completely immobile it might be nice to read about someone getting some exercise. 

What I liked about the book.
-it was entertaining
-it was a quick read that didn't leave me emotionally drained or disturbed
-it advocated traits about how maintaining self control is valuable in any situation, no matter your age
-it was clean and emphasized the importance of developing ones character

I would give the book 4.5 stars out of five. Definitely worth picking up. 


No comments:

Blog Archive