
I think like Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites you can read more into these books than is actually there. Which is why I so enjoyed the Tennis Shoes series, I let it apply to me.
Children of the Promise, Rumors of War, made me think about what kind of parent I would truly make? Would I be controlling? Would I be preachy about the gospel? Would I let my children be independent when I can see they could be making a mistake?
It also made me furious at times because it brought up a subject close to my heart, Gender Disparities. And how these are viewed by some men in the church, NOT THE CHURCH to be clear, but just how men can view women. And wondering if I would of been as independent minded as I am if I had lived then? Or would I have conformed? And if I conformed would I have been happy?
Was it entertaining...YES! Did it help pass my bedrest time...YES! Did it help me strengthen my own testimony and made me ponder ideas that I hadn't thought about or love thinking about...YES! So I think I would have to agree with GoodReads and give it 4.5 stars out of 5.
I am a little worried though, because there are five books in the series and it hasn't been a week since I received the first two...better order the rest.
1 comment:
I read those! ( and i don't read much) I loved them!
Post a Comment