This is the second volume in The Children of the Promise series. I liked it but at the same time It drove me crazy. Hughes created too many story threads for me to follow in this book. My pregnant brain can only handle so much these days. It wasn't that the story wasn't good I just don't have the patience to keep jumping threads. I probably will finish the series someday but I think I need a breather.
There were some really intense moments and I loved that but it wore me out. I liked thinking about the books issues and how I would of acted in that time.
I liked seeing how most Germans could get wrapped up in Hitler's promises but then see how sorry they were for believing such lies. And then Realizing that most people could not fathom what he actually did to the Jews. And how they did not support the actions. It helped me understand better how a whole nation could let these things happens. And how important it is to not be blinded by government leaders but to reason and think for ourselves.
A really good book over all, I am just wanting something not so intense right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment