Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Birthday!

I celebrated my birthday this last Saturday! I'm so old...

But it was a great day! Matt spoiled me, which is always a must, and we were able to do something fun as a family. I tell everyone that Matt's work decided to throw me a birthday party...but in reality they just had their company party that day. It was full of fun blow-up toys, which is joshua's favorite, and good food.

Here are some pictures of what we did. Thanks Matt for making this such a special birthday!





This was my big gift from Matt...although Michael Kors boots should also count...but this baby carrier is my favorite baby accessory ever! The Nashville Zoo has a play place that is 66,000 square feet of fun! I need this to keep up with Joshua and have Samuel comfortably with us. Thanks Matt! I love Petunia Pickle Bottom!



Joshua loved his balloon sword! It was his favorite item, until it died when we got back.





Chester Cheeto was there because Matt works for Frito-Lay.

The whole day though I was thinking about what I was doing last year. I was having a girl's day with Karen & Hillaree. It was so much fun! I miss you both so much! Can't beat a day of shopping, food at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and the General Relief Society's broadcast. Thanks friends for making last year so much fun!

Now I have to live in the 'real' world where the whole world doesn't shut down for conference and I don't get tickets to the Conference center to go see it in person...lame.

2 comments:

Haskell's said...

I could not forget your birthday even if I tried. We totally need to plan a day when we can get together. You live like three hours away right?

Amy Jane said...

I thought of you on your bday!! I was driving through the Cali desert so I couldn't Facebook you or anything but I totally thought of you! Glad it was a good day :)

Blog Archive