Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our Shacks...

A shack: is a type of small house, usually in a state of disrepair.

...


Our life is about to change.

Since Matt and I were married at a young age we have lived in "wonderful" places. Sometimes I wonder why we choose to live where we did. A former cow shed, turned into a "house" by Matt's aunt, a crumy sketchy apartment complex where our door was two sheets of fake wood, a basement apartment with a family above us whose child threw a hammer through our window. Yes, we've lived the good life.

But that is about to change.

We have been waiting forever for this change. We thought we almost had it when Matt and I graduated from BYU. We had an offer from 3M made to us and it was more than we could of hoped for. We were so excited because we were about to have Joshua and 3M would pay for Matt's graduate degree! Everything looked great for about 5 hours. Then, they resindicated the offer...they had to make massive lay-offs and were just informed hours after hiring MAtt. Lame. Super Lame. Needless to say, since then when something cruel and usual happens I refer to it as being 3M mean.

But our drama and trauma with 3M brought us to Logan. Granted we lived in student housing but it was great. I loved being in a community type setting and loved having people around who were in the same position as us. I made some great friends and had some incredible times. I liked it here because of the people. I won't name names but you know who you are! BAsically thanks for making Aggie Village bearable!

No comments:

Blog Archive