It's official.
We are moving to Tennessee!! Matt received a job from Pepsi and we are headed out there as soon as we can find housing.
We've been waiting so long for this.
But I knew it would happen for us, it would just come at the very end. But it's good that it did bc I'm now healed from my c section and am getting the hang of this two parent thing.
Elder Christofferson shared a story about how Hugh B brown viewed adversity and trials and I think it really applies here. He talks about how a current bush grew tall and took over more space than it was suppose it and when the gardener cut it and formed it the bush was upset. He asked why he had cut him down when he had grown so big and strong. The Gardner answered because I'm the gardener and I know what I want you to be.
Being cut down in life is hard. Especially when you are OCD and think you know what you want.
It's hard to understand why you have to struggle for so long but after all those doors of opportunity shut, a window finally opens.
And that window leads somewhere so much better than originally planned.
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
5 comments:
Congratulations on the job!! We will miss you but I'm sure Tennessee will be wonderful! We want to hear all about it!
Way to go Matt! That is AWESOME! I am so happy you will be done with student housing and will get to have your very own place. You guys so deserve this. I'm going to miss you to pieces, but am so very happy for your cute family. You better keep in touch!
Congrats!!! What an exciting, and busy, time! So fun.
Congrats! We are excited for you but sad that it is so far away.
congrats! I totally understand what you mean by being cut down. I have felt that way so much in the last two years. But I do know that God is directing us on plan for us, and that it will all work out, especially when we don't see the whole picture. Tennessee?! wow, you'll be closer to us out here!
Post a Comment