Being a stay at home mom is really hard for me. I want to be in school and I'm often more than envious of the mere sight of matt's school books. I also want to work! My last semester at BYU I was in charge of a campus program that involved more than 2,000 people. I am obsessed with the high you get from deadlines, performances, and finished products. I was made for school and work.
But I know being home and raising Josh is where I personally need to be. It's my trial. But it's also the source of my greatest joy!!!!!! I love my perfect angel!
In the beginning of this month I started to actually feel better. I wasn't just trying to live each day but started to be myself again. Which means I needed more things to do. Meg you inspired me with all your crafts so thank you! Sewing is so much fun and sewing for your baby is even more fun!!!
Here are pictures of my projects. Posting from my phone so bare with me. The first photos are of car seat canopies I made with my friend Kylie. Then I had extra material and made diaper clutches. I made a pink one to give to my friend Cierra. I loved it so I hope you like it, despite the rudimental sewing job.
Art is another obsession I have. I love impressionistic art and I love doing things for my little ones room. Matt also bought me oil paints one year for an anniversary so I've been experimenting for a while in oils. Loved to paint in high school but never had the chance to work with oils due to the schools art budget.
I had so much fun doing these project and just wish I could keep sewing and painting all the time.
P.S. Meg I copied your idea of adding D rings to one of the canopies I made, love them!






5 comments:
Maritza I had no idea you paint!! Wow! You are really good! The second one is my favorite. It looks so adorable!!! Way cute car seat covers.
Maritza I love the car seat covers you made! I've been wanting to make one--did you have a pattern or just make it up? Any tips?
Okay, I was going to write that I had no idea you painted, but Becky said it first. How did I not know that you painted so well?! My favorite is the first picture, the one that you can see the brush strokes on the mother's red dress. Oh my heck, I love it!! What a great hobby to have. It doesn't look like you waste time at all. I'm so impressed. My sister-in-law is an artist! Oh-yeah!
Maritza, your projects look darling! Good for you for sewing on minky (i hate that stuff, a real nightmare to sew with)! I'm glad to have inspired someone :)
Thanks for the comPliment friends and fam. Aimee here is where I fOund the car seat tutorial. Pretty easy instructions. Good luck and let me know how your turns out.
http://www.sweetnsassygirls.com/2010/02/how-to-make-a-reversible-car-seat-covertentcanopy.html
Post a Comment