This was the longest day. Like I said I started contracting regularly Sunday morning at 2:30am I didn't have regular ones til 4:30am. They lasted 2hrs with regular intervals. I called my doctor and he said we needed to wait. I was scared because I know my body never contracts regularly and did not want to be worn out like I was when I delivered Joshua.
I spent the day contracting on and off but nothing was regular. Towards the end of night (7/8pm) I was wiped out. I hadn't slept the previous night and had contraction all day which were getting worse. I was so tired!
Matt went to go pick him his mom at the airport and I decided I would try to sleep again through my contractions, which really doesn't work. But I thought I would try. I slept between them as much as I could and soon Matt was home. He hadn't been home for more than 10 mins when he came in and held me and said our prayer for the night. By the time he said Amen, my water broke. Time was 11:40pm
I quickly rolled out of bed because I now I have a nice bed and my sheets/bedding were brand new. I was so scared because I there was so much fluid! I quickly took a shower then we grabbed my hospital bags and were out the door. I called my doc on the way since we live 40 mins away from the hospital.
At the hospital we tried to tell the admitting nurses my water had broken and I was having painful contractions. They didn't believe me until they saw the puddle on the floor next to the bed I was trying to get into. Then they finally woke up and got to work. So frustrating!!
My doctor was actually on call that night in the ER delivery room and told them to get me prepped.
Again the nurses had poor bedside manners and were moving at a glacier speed. I couldn't believe it! Finally they called the anesthesiologist and by this time I questioned my decision to deliver at this hospital. Where all the competent staff? But I am always blessed with great anesthesiologist. He was amazing and told me some lame clean joke because he said I looked like someone who would enjoy a clean joke.
Saw my doctor soon and all went all. I was scared because this was not what I planned! I didn't want to experience hard labor and then do a c again! I am exhausted and ready for some good naps. Hopefully my recovery will go well. But I did it! Gold star for me please!
Benjamin William Smith
8 lbs
20.5 inches



6 comments:
I am IN love!!! He is so adorable I can't stand it. I hate that you live so far away! I am glad everything went well even though it didn't go as planned. Hope you have an "easy" recovery- if that is even possible?!
Way to go- you get 10 gold stars from me!
Oh..And I LOVE his name.
YAY! Congratulations! What a cutie :)
HE IS SO ADORABLE!!!!! I'm glad that he is here and that you are all doing well. You are Super Woman!!! I appreciate your example of faith and strength! I am sorry I missed your call Sunday night. Wish we were there! Congratulations!!!!
He is absolutely precious!! Congrats!!
Yay! He is such a beautiful babe!! Now get some rest (like that can really ever happen).
Congrats! You have three lucky little boys.
Post a Comment