Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book #23

The Devil Wears Prada, Lauren Weisberger

I loved this movie. I loved everything about it. I saw it with Matt while we were engaged and I made sure to own it the moment it came out. I have this false idea of how New York is this magical dream world. Probably because I only see it through movies/shows like this one. 

The book just gives more detail behind the story and is actually a little different but same basic idea. I thought Andy was more obnoxious and winey than Ann Hawthaway's character but probably was more realistic. 

The book drops the F bomb constantly and uses other colorful language but I'm starting to realize that is how people generally speak who are not Mormon. Sad because they sound like idiots. 

I liked it because it described in detail more of why I loved movie, the clothes and the glamour of that world. But it again showed that people in this life style aren't happy,but neurotic, and lack direction. 

But it was fun and passed the time I have, since being on stricter form  of bed rest. Less than a week and I will be recovering not anxiously waiting for this baby!!!! Hallelujah!!!!! 

No comments:

Blog Archive