My iphone died.
I cannot believe I feel like my whole life is over.
We are about 6 months away from qualifying for a new phone.
When did I get so dependent on a phone?
Probably doesn't help that I've been stressed getting ready for Christmas stuff. And it probably doesn't help that I am pregnant and my emotions are literally, a roller-coaster, set on super fast, and I have no control over them.
I spent 3.5 hours at the mall today between apple and AT&T and neither could magically make my phone work. :(
I dragged two children to the mall and they didn't mind the wacky chairs at the apple store's kid table, with an accompanying ipad, but it still wasn't ideal for them. After some time spent at the mall's play area we went to AT&T and my son ended up laying on the gross mall floor carpet while we waited for some kiosk AT&T worker to do what he could. I felt so bad letting my child lay on the floor but at least he had an iphone to watch a movie on.
Everyone stared at him and then looked at me like I was a crazy mom. I know, I feel horrible, but what do you want? I already have one growing in me and one strapped in my ERGO carrier...there really isn't room for one more.
So good-bye contacts and notes I made about lists of Christmas stuff to do before Christmas. I know I should be grateful we are all okay, but I am so exhausted and so tired of being hungry, that losing the extra appendage my phone seems to be, feels like I have lost a war. And then I feel terrible because I'm complaining about an iphone breaking. What is wrong with me!
Oh, yeah, I'm pregnant, hungry, tired, and missing my husband. He has been swamped at work and with his calling. Christmas break can't come soon enough!
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment