Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Break

This Christmas we took a major road trip. A 1,700 mile, each way road trip. I was pregnant and we had two children under 3. Man, I feel like I need to make commemorative shirts or something. But we did make it.

My siblings had planned a big surprise party for my dad, my extended family was having a party, and Matt's family hadn't even seen Samuel ( well most of them) so we decided to try and make it.

Glad we did. We had fun visiting with old friends! Making family memories and just being with family. We weren't planning on coming back til jan 1 but I was too exhausted. Being pregnant does take the adventure side out of you. I'm so sad I did t get to see some friends, Amy and Erica, and didn't even to temple square lights. :( But we were snowed in one day so I can't blame being lazy, we just couldn't get out of heber. :(

But we are so grateful now to be at our house and in our own beds. Samuel hated the pack n play, Joshua loved cuddling with Dad and I just missed my bed.

We had a good year full of major changes but are excited to see where we will be in a year. Happy New Year's Eve!!!!

A car after 1,700 miles in a wind storm and across snowy roads.

The cutest wiseman.



Poor uncle Craig didn't see how much energy his nieces and nephew had.







First time bowling. Joshua actually beat me. :( not my sport.



First BFF Briley.

2 comments:

Jeff and Hillaree said...

I am so glad that you came out and that we were able to see you. Josh and Sam are getting so big and they are so cute! Josh is an awesome big brother! :) He makes me smile every time I think of McDonald's. I'm glad you made it back home safely. Thanks for being amazing friends!

Becky said...

Shirts!! What a great idea! It was soooo fun to see you guys! I will remind Mark of his trip he said he was planning! ;) Love you guys!

Blog Archive