Twelve moves in six years. We have lived in hovel type homes, really, one of them use to be barn that they had the audacity to turn into a 'home.' One had a flimsy plywood front door and pedophiles as neighbors. But now we will sign away our life and own a home of our own.
Bountiful is a special place. The temple is ginormous, the bike riding trails are amazing, friends are plentiful there, Dick's market is clean/friendly, you have a good chance of running into a member of the twelve while grocery shopping, a General Authority could come to your stake conference or even attend your ward. The community is clean and safe. The community shuts down for General Conference, it almost feels like a holiday. This is probably why I am extremely jealous of friends who own homes in Utah.
But I think this new area comes in a nice second. Our neighbors here are incredible. People have 3+ kids, they came over the first day to see if they could help move us/ buy us dinner. The neighborhood is frequently patrolled, is quiet, is friendly, and clean. The grocery store is close and rivals Dick's in friendliness and cleanliness. Everything we love about Nashville is now 15-20 minutes away instead of 45-60 mins away. Matt has a better drive, being that it is safer but a slightly longer.
This was a really good move for our family. We are excited to be part of a friendly community that feels like what we have always wanted, Bountiful.
Pic of the house, but please don't mind the boxes and 'storage' room. I think every room is done except the 'storage' room (3 bedroom) and the formal dining. Mainly I can't decide what to do there because all I really want is a baby grand piano. But since it will be awhile since we can afford such a purchase, maybe I will just buy an ascent chair or two and a sofa table?
Matt and I are simple when it comes to decorating our home. We don't want clutter. Just clean lines and open space. I am exhausted from moving and never want to move again. At least for a several years.
Happy Conference Weekend!
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
8 comments:
The house looks amazing! I love it! Room enough for us to come visit?
Please come sweet friend!!! I miss you so much!!! Hope all is well! Daph is gorgeous, just like her mommy!!!
So... Are you really going to stay in this one for longer then 6 months?? haha one day Jackson and I will have to come visit.
What a DARLING home!! I am in love with it. I am so happy you found such a great place to live and are happy. You two deserve it. Congratulations!
Your house is so cute! Congrats.
SO BEAUTIFUL! I love it! I am so happy for you all! I can't wait until we have that kind of settling down. Welcome home!
BEAUITFUL!!! YAY for having a house! And Samuel and Joshua really are DARLING!
WOW!! Love your house!! So where exactly do you live? my brother was just called to the Nashville, TN mission and I was curious how close he is to you! You can give us some tips on living in the south!!
Post a Comment