Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Prayer

Samuel said his first prayer yesterday! Joshua never folded his arms or wanted anything to do with praying when he was little. We always tried but our efforts were futile.

Samuel however loves to pray and always folds his arms. But yesterday during FHE we asked if Samuel wanted to say the prayer and he nodded. Then he proceeded to repeat what we whispered to him! Ahh! Our efforts aren't fruitless!

Joshua though, has great faith. A few weeks before we moved I caught him muttering to himself and he told me he was praying because his hand hurt and he wanted Heavenly Father's help to make his hand feel better. And the week we were suppose to move it was predicted to rain. I started to feel overwhelmed and Joshua asked me what was wrong. I told him no one would come help us move if it was raining. He then proceeded to tell me, that,'well mom, we should just pray it won't rain and then Heavenly Father won't let it rain. And people will come help.' Joshua then said a prayer to help it not rain so people would come help us move. It didn't rain that weekend and lots of people came to help us move.

I have the best boys!! I'm glad somethings we teach them are being learned. Still working on teaching them not to run away from me in public places though.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awww! So cute! Your boys are growing up too fast. Our kids can be the best example for us. Thinking about you guys so far away!!

Blog Archive