Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book 18



This book was incredible. I adore C.S. Lewis! I have always marveled at how insightful he is, especially for someone who was not LDS. President Monson & President Hinckley have often quoted Lewis before. His colloquialism is fabulous! I think that is why I like him so much. David McCullough write in a similar style and that is probably why I enjoy all of his writing.

I loved his explanation of how Christiniaty just makes sense. His explanation of the word, begotten, was enlightening and made it much easier for me to understand and explain to my children. He has some incredible deep thoughts, but realizes that they were deep, and simplifies his reasoning in an easy to understand scenario. Basically, I continue to be impressed with the brain of C.S. Lewis. A great book. One of my favorites!

Yeah, 50 books is slowly back on track. Next, I promised myself I will finish my brother-in-law's book. He's amazing and it was intriguing but sometimes I just can't wait for a story to develop and lose interest. But it was entertaining and I do appreciate good, clean literature.

No comments:

Blog Archive