Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

LETTERS

One day at the children's museum Joshua walked right up to the white board, marker in hand, and wrote his name. I was shocked. I knew he could type his name but didn't know he could write.

I decided that I would push him, just like a Tiger Mom, and work on the homeschooling. He can now write all of his letters, our names (mom/dad/samuel) and variations of his name, Joshua, Josh.

We are also working on reading and he is doing great! He is so smart!

These pictures are of our "test" of writing his letters on his own. We told him that if he completed all his letters by himself, then he could go to the store and pick a big present. If I learned one thing from Confessions of a Tiger Mom, that bribing is not necessarily a bad thing.

We have decided to homeschool him too. Mainly because we haven't been impressed with the schools here. This was a test run, for both of us. Considering he did this in a month, I think we are doing pretty well.


5 comments:

The Chatwins said...

Go Josh!! I think the next lesson you need to work on is putting both socks on in the morning :)

Smith Family said...

Shut it Schmidt!!! He likes to take them off all the time. But it's true he does struggle dressing himself. Way to pick on a poor 3 year old's disability. You whore! ;)

Whitney said...

How cute are your boys?! They make me excited for my two to grow up together. So glad you found my blog, and I can now keep up with you & your darling family. Hope all is well with you!

Smith Family said...

Thanks Whitney! I told you, boys are the best! And they will be best friends!

Shannon said...

How sweet! He is a smart cookie! :)

Blog Archive