Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Moments in My Life...

It has been a rough week. I played a single parent, lost my child 2 days in row (due to him running away and 'hiding'), poor child has night diarrhea (is that even a condition?), and of course just the every day stress of being a person.

But there are moments in my life when I realize that it's all worth it. Everything is as it should be. And things will workout, they always do.

Someday my child will not 'hide' from me, and teach his little brother NOT to do so, and maybe one day feel like a well put together mother, like in those Petunia Pickle Bottom ads. Comparing, told you it was a vice.

But I am grateful for those golden moments, when you feel so overwhelmed, and your children teach you just to laugh. Here is some of the laughter that lifted me this week.




There is a picture missing, but since my kids were naked (ran away from me while trying to get them dressed after a bath) and rocking it out to my music as a brother duo, I decided against taking a physical picture and opted out for a mental one.

It was priceless. Made me laugh the rest of the night.

No comments:

Blog Archive