There is a Grey's Anatomy episode that makes me cry every time I see it. Mainly because it reminds me of my sister. I wasn't there at the hospital when it happened but the episode hits me hard because it is a very similar situation.
It has been 3 years since I heard my mom get that call from my sister. I was going up the stairs in my parent's home and my mother was sitting in the kitchen.
Three years since all of us felt heart-ache instead of excitement.
Three years since I saw that beautiful face and gently held my nephew.
Happy Birthday Ethan, tomorrow.
Just thinking about you, again.
P.S. There are some weird dates that corespondent with you little Ethan and I think you know why. 12 of July, 12 of April, 12 of June. Guess you all did know each other. Samuel constantly looks at a picture we have on a fridge of your sister, Summer and smiles. He even says, "sum!" I never taught him Summer's name.
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment