I have been thinking a lot about happiness.
What makes me happy?
I remember thinking of how life would will be great once Matt had a real job and making real money and we could actually pay bills.
When that happens I use to think, I will be happy everyday that we have those things.
And now the day is here. We have so much more than I could ever hope for.
But as great as our joy has increased so has our bad days. Bigger problems.
When I revaluate my perception things look good again and the problems aren't really that big.
In my latest book it ends with telling how this brother and sister came to Paris so the brother could become an artist. They lived in a studio apartment, had nothing, but woke up every morning to dance in one of the amazing gardens in Paris because they were just happy to be in Paris.
"For now it was enough just being in Paris..."
I am in my Paris.
I need to just stop and see that I have my Paris and that is all I need.
I will settle for long music session dancing with my boys!
Grey's Anatomy was right...you just have to dance it out!
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment