He is an amazing speaker.
He's just amazing!
This book lives up to my expectations and helped me learn about the city of lights and how it evolved after numerous revolutions, kings, emperors, and then a republic.
This book chronicles Americans who fled to Paris to become great. Great artists, great doctors, great women and to educate themselves on becoming something greater than they could at home.
What I love about this book is that through extensive research you see how hard work can get you anywhere.
The American spirit and pride makes us believe we can do anything. We are proud and arrogant but that is how we become great. We believe we are special and make our lives accomplished. Which makes us the leading nation.
Great book!
"he loves his country and her principles ardently...I admire his proud assertion of the rank of an American... For I know no reason why Americans should not take rank, and assert it, too, above any artificial distinction that Europe has made."
-nathanial Willis referring to Samuel morse (pg 96)
No comments:
Post a Comment