Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Book #4
This is the sequel to Chains. I really enjoyed this book because it was the sequel and also because it talks about the encampment at Valley Forge. I spent a week there in a leadership conference, during my junior year in high school. Spending time there and learning about myself, my country, and the conditions of the US army opened my eyes.
Valley Forge will always hold a special place in my heart. Reading a fictional story about characters I liked, in a placed I loved was incredibly enjoyable. I flew threw this book. It took one weekend.
I feel a little nerdy but not that much because the book is only 280 pages and is probably half the size of a regular full-print page.
A great read and it goes by fast. I am sad I won't be able to finish this series because the third book doesn't come out until November. I hate waiting. But it will give me something to look forward to read during the holiday season.
Hopefully I get to 50 books before the year is out but if I don't I will keep working on my 50 book goal. The goal was more about actually keeping to it and having the knowledge that I actually have read some books within my life. More than the ones that everyone else reads as part of a curriculum. And also it helps keep my mind occupied away from other bad habits like shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment