Josh seems to be very comfortable here and we have already seen some old friends. I loved this ward when I left and am happy at least some of my favorite people are still here!
Our first weekend back we stayed in Heber and visited the smith's. It was fun but I felt bad because I was all drugged up on benadryle thanks to some kind allergic reaction to...maybe...the sun? I spent all summer in 60-70 degree weather. Right on the harbor it doesn't get hotter than that. It was perfect and just my kind of weather. But here in Utah it is way to HOTTTTTT!!!!! Luckily where we live is slightly better temperature wise.
Matt and I also celebrated our 4th year Anniversary! We are so old! Along with ours we helped celebrate my grandparents 71st anniversary! They are the cutest old couple and I just love them to pieces! To surprise my grandma we drove down and brought her Maddox! We decided she needed a big stake and potatoe meal with none other than my grandfather's most disliked kind of pie...banana cream :). It had to be that so maybe he would get so mad that we were eating his least favorite pie and come and be with us. We miss you Grandpa on a daily basis and still feel like you will come shuffeling from around the corner.
Matt and I bought a washer and a dryer for our anniversary and of course matt gave me flowers...he's so well trained! But seriosuly I have the best husband! I'm so spoiled and so grateful he let me shop til I dropped in California.
We get to see my whole family, minus the usual...wolls, next week in Bear Lake! I love my family and am so excited to see them! Josh will have more fun this time because he can now play with his nieces. It should be lots of fun and I'm really looking forward to it.
Included are some pictures of our last few days in California. Oh how I miss you California! But I missed you Utah too! Just not your heat!!!!!!
Josh swinging with one of his many girlfriends...
He loves the park!
Joshua eventually fell in the water because the waves were too strong...he loved it though
I love this picture!
3 comments:
I totally thought of you guys yesterday...Happy Anniversary!!! I LOVE what you did for Grandma! That is so sweet of you guys. I miss grandpa like crazy as well...but we are SO lucky to have such amazing grandparents to look up to. Love them. Glad you are back in Utah! I usually have one day off a week so we should get together sometime! I miss ya!
Maritza! He is such a little cutie!! Hopefully you can endure Utah!
It's so funny to hear you say you hate the Utah heat. When I was there this summer I was in heaven b/c it is soooo much nicer than the heat in Maryland! The humidity out here makes it feel twice as hot and you sweat bullets the second you walk out the door. So, Utah felt great to me, ha ha! I guess compared to Cali it would seem worse though right?
Post a Comment