Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thinking...but not complaining

Lately I feel like I complain too much about motherhood. I guess it just comes down to the fact that this kind of work is not what I'm use too. But let me be perfectly clear....


I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!!!!


I was talking to a friend who doesn't want to have kids yet bc jokeingly she said. 'I want to be the baby in our marriage still.' I told her having a baby is a bIG step but one that will change your life forever. You are not suppose to be selfish in this life but give continual service. And who better to serve then your family? People who you love and people who love you unconditionally are the best people to serve. I've been really selfish in my life from time to time and that is when I'm most depressed. Only when I'm serving others do I find peace and joy. I've been helping out a neighbor friend here who has three girls and is pregnant and whose husband works from 6pm-6am. We go over and play and keep her company and she worries that we are doing too much for her. I tell her I benefit far more from those days then her. Tthose are the best days! Those are the days I'm most happy with myself and Joshua is most happy. I'm not trying to tell you that I'm some great person by telling you about my service, I'm just trying to testify that serving brings joy. Lasting happiness. Which is why I LOVE BEING A MOTHER.


1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

I have NO doubt that you are an incredible mother, Maritza!! It's been too long since I have seen you but I love seeing pictures of your cute little family! :)

Blog Archive