My child never lays down for a movie and never holds still. This was a rare occasion for him to be so calm....he was only calm though because he's been way sick!
Our own La Pieta! Josh miserable and only wanting mommy...mommy miserable and only wanting her mommy!
Our welcome back to Utah gift was the stomach flu! This gift packet included the whole family and all of us puked our guts out together as a family. No one slept for about 23 hours and had one of the most incredibly difficult night. Poor Josh...he's never thrown up before and he hated it! He would bite his lip so it wouldn't come out but to no avail.
He became so dehydrated that we had to take him to the ER last night. Is it sad that mommy and daddy both looked at his zofran drip and drooled! Oh, how I wanted one too! Neither of us had eaten for three days! We were both so dehydrated and hungry.
Josh is doing better though, we watch lots of movies and take long naps. No more puking since his visit to the ER. Which I forgot to say he did great as the nurses were trying to find a vein in that chunky little hand. Poor guy.
My cute friend brought us dinner and told me she would not take no for an answer...she knows me too well. We greatly appreciated it and it really tasted like manna from heaven. My mom's been out of town on one of her St. George school trips so I didn't have my mommy available when I needed her. Funny, how we all tend to get sick when she is out of town. But I'm grateful to know that if she was in town she would of come to my rescue...which is great because Joshua loves her!
I'm grateful for my family but sad because we won't be going to Bear Lake this weekend. I don't want to pass this bug along so we are quarantining ourselves this week. Not fun! I wish children never got sick...the world would be a better place if that happened. Being sick as an adult I can handle but seeing my poor kid puke his guts out and look so sad just broke my heart a million times over again.
4 comments:
Ohhh those pictures break my heart! I am so sorry you guys have been so sick. I got it a couple months ago and it was AWFUL. Thank goodness Nick and Jayne didn't get it though. I am DREADING the day Jayne gets really sick. Sending healthy vibes your way!
I'm sorry maritza!! Joshua looks sooo sad. Get well soon!!
Hey!!! That post was no fun to read!! I hope you all are doing better. The flu is the worst sickness of them all in my book. I am sorry you ALL had it! Poor Josh!! He looked....so not happy, yet still sooo cute.
Poor Joshua.... I'm glad you guys are back, we need to hang out.... love ya
Post a Comment