Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

This past weekend was my birthday! I'm so spoiled! Matt gives the best presents and I loved my whole weekend. I recieved so many calls from family and friends, thanks guys! Matt & I slept in and took Joshua to a park and had ice cream after. Later we dropped Joshua off at one of my friend's home and Matt & I went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse! I love that place! I love the rolls! After we walked around the mall to settle our stomaches. Then we picked Joshua up and watched Confessions of a Shopaholic for the 4th time this week...it was an early birthday present.

I also enjoyed the Grey's Anatomy Season premier this week! And the icing on the cake was a long girl's day in SLC for the Relief Society Broadcast. I went down with some of my most dear friends. We shopped, ate at the Nauvoo Cafe, then stopped in Bountiful for a late night snack. The broadcast was amazing! The whole First Presidency was there and I was so grateful we had made the effort to go! I love Relief Society and love this church! What an amazing program we have to help us through this crazy life!

Matt was a trooper and spent all day with Joshua and at the end of it he was wiped out. It is hard playing mom for a day ;). No, Matt is great at supporting me whenever I need a breather or anything. He is very understanding and very sympathatic. I am so blessed to have such an understanding husband!

Basically it was a great weekend with lots of shoes, clothes, great food, and friends. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my birthday celebration!

1 comment:

Cierra Johnson said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog and will now be checking it regularly :)
You have the most adorable little family and I'm so glad you guys are back!
I look up to and admire you for being such a wonderful wife and mother! :)

Blog Archive