Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Conundrum...


My conundrum is as follows...



Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Sometimes I just want to scream! I really miss working and I miss having more adult interaction. I miss shopping all day long and I miss sleep. I miss being able to exercise whenever and however long I want. I miss being able to do lots of things...


However, my little boy is the cutest little boy in the WORLD. He laughs and plays all day...actually that one is a little annoying because he has to always have me by him ;). Honestly, I'm not one of those mothers who have it together all the time. But everytime I look at him I'm filled with such love and INSTANT JOY that it makes all the late nights, poopy explosions, crying etc. all worth it.

Nothing could give me greater joy. My two boys are awesome and were meant to help me understand why I am here. I love love love love love love love love love love love love love
being a mother. Really, there is no greater calling.

This last week I've been sick but Joshua has been extremely clingy. He won't fall asleep unless he falls asleep on my chest...so cute. I love it, but hate it.

However, it really makes me think about what is most important in this life...others. Serving is soul-fulling and who better to serve than your family. I love my little family and can't wait to add more...I know I must be crazy because having more children means not eating for 9 months or drinking water (oh how I love water). But it is worth the sacrifice to hold him, to be the one to calm him, and it is the best when he laughs and smiles up at you. You can feel the warmth that radiates from his little spirit.

I love my conundrum because it's not a conundrum...


I would gladly sacrifice anything for my spouse and children




and I am sure I will have to because that is the price tag to such joy!




1 comment:

erin said...

just wanted you to know I read your blog. and thank you. I'm lucky to have such a good "mommy" role model. You make me excited, and kinda scared, but mostly very excited to have my own :) hope you guys are doing well, where are you living now?/??

Blog Archive