Ethan Andrew Lees was only given a glimpse of this mortal life. He is the son of my dear sister. He was due July 27th. On July 11th my sister started feeling contractions. She was admitted to the hospital that night. My mother received a frantic call from her telling us that the news wasn't good and that my parents needed to hurry down to the hospital. We were all upset but tried to remain calm as we did not know the details. We had a quick family prayer before my mother and father left to see her.
At about 12:30am we had heard that there was a 99% chance that little Ethan was gone. Matt, Joe, and I waited up until about 5:00am to hear more news. I had a dream that night that everything would be ok. However, when I awoke from the dream I realized that my parents had not called and that only meant one thing...
Ethan was blessed and given a name by his father that evening with all of my siblings but two present. It was heartbreaking and I still find myself weeping. The only thing that gives our family comfort is knowing that we will see him again. Knowing, that my sister will get to raise him, just not in this life. I am so grateful for the gospel and for the chance to have eternal families. Without this knowledge, my life and outlook would be bleak.
I have realized now that everyday with my family is precious. I need to value every moment that passes by because I do not know what will happen next.
Ethan, Sadie, Bethany, & Jared... I love you and will continue to pray for you!
Baby Tears
We never heard your first tiny cry,
never wiped the teardrops from your eyes.
And though our hearts grieve, and we are bereft
we carry your teardrops, they are all we have left...
We carry them with us, tucked next to our hearty
our memory with us always, we are never apart.
I found this poem online and loved it!
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
4 comments:
Oh Cuz...I am just bawling as I read this. Please know that your family is amazing! This has been a tough year for you guys! Hang in there...I am so grateful we have the Gospel to hang on to. I don't know what we would do without it. I can only imagine how perfect little Ethan was...too perfect for this world. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or your family. Love you guys! XOXO
Maritza, I'm sure there are not many things I can say but I thought I'd let you know you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Your sister is lucky to have you and such a wonderful family to help her.
Maritza, I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love! XoXo
oh my gosh... i am so sorry... that is so sad... i almost cried.... i hope ur feeling better....
Post a Comment