Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Second Week in January

I am back! January is looking like a crazy busy month.  Joshua turns 7 and I am getting everything ready for his star wars themed birthday party! My little Jedi will be having his birthday party at Home Depot.  They hold these birthday parties where the kids get to build an item and paint it.  Joshua loves that kind of activity, but I'm not sure he really understands it.  He probably was wanting a party at Chucky-Cheese but he has me for a mother.  That place is the pits and I wouldn't pay to go there if I had a choice.  Yuck!

Last month I also received a Christmas present from the state of Colorado! A summons for jury duty! Wahoo! Lucky me.  It's my first time ever getting one of those.  My biggest concern is what to do about my kiddos.  They have paid childcare for me, if I get selected but I can't in good conscious leave them to strangers for 8 hours. I am curious though to see how this process is done.  Either way, I'm praying my number doesn't get called and I get to enjoy the rest of the year without having to worry about my kiddos being watched at a day care.

I am still in YW as the mia-maid advisor and I love it.  I wasn't sure I would because YW has always scared me.  But it is fun. And I have LOVED getting to know the girls.  They are so sweet and individually unique.  Each one brings strength to the class and I miss them when they are gone.  I don't want them to move on to Laurels and will be gritting my teeth when they go.

Being in YW has also made me work more diligently on my spirituality.  I teach every week, minus fast sundays and it takes a lot of work to get a lesson prepared for each week.  But I have grown and am more confident in my teaching.

I forgot to mention that we bought a new car! For Christmas we bought one of my dreams cars, a Nissan Armada.  It's perfect. I have always loved cars and this fulfills my dreams overtime I drive it.  We decided it would be a "happy" everything gift this year.  Happy Birthday, Valentine's, Mother's day gift for the year of 2016.

How am I doing as far as my 2016 resolutions? Not so well.  But I am trying.  I know I need to do better and I am, just not where I need to be.  So here is to another week of trying to think less about shopping and more on activities that develop my spirituality.




Party favors I made for Joshua's birthday.  Star wars Jedi shirts with a 'J' on the sleeve.

I quote I found on IG.  I really like this because I sometimes feel like a masterpiece but then two seconds laters I'm back to being a work in progress.  But it is comforting to think that you can be both at the same time and that it's okay.  

My precious little Ben.  Playing Harry Potter.  He makes me so happy.  A true angel sent from heaven.  

No comments:

Blog Archive