Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

A New Year and a New Calling

Today it was made official.  I had six months in YW serving as the mia-maid advisor.  I loved all those girls so much!!! They made me happy and I loved seeing them grow and learning from their insights about the gospel.

I loved seeing them at girls camp.  When they go to camp, they leave all that the world has on them and they commit 100% to the gospel.  They might be tired and lacking a good shower but they shine the most there.  Hearing their testimonies and being with them brought me a lot of joy.

But I guess it's time for some growth.  At least, that is what Bishop said.  I thought, I haven't grown since 5th grade :(.  Oh well.

Yesterday I was having a panic attack.  I didn't want this calling and I had so much going on this month.  I had a root canal fixed this week, I have the impending jury duty, and Joshua's birthday coming up.  I didn't think January would be so chaotic.

I was in a lot of pain yesterday due to the root canal and having adverse reactions to the pain medicine.  It was be miserable from side effects of the medication or be in pain from the root canal.  Either way, I wasn't doing very well.  I cried and cried.

Matt followed a prompting and after I was done saying my personal prayer for the night I saw him in his suite all ready to give me a blessing.  I happily took the offer.

I went to bed crying but fell asleep fast and had a good nights rest.

I woke up in less pain and with some of the side effects wearing off from the pain medicine.

I still felt overwhelmed but had a tender mercy as I watched my children dance to a silly song before church.  I am mesmerized by children and how easily they find joy.  They aren't weighted down by things but find joy in the smallest moments.  I realized that it was going to be okay and that I just needed to be faithful and demonstrate my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father.

I need to remember the kind words that people have said as they offered their support for my new call.

I was so grateful for the Bishop's setting apart blessing and the words he said.

Tomorrow will be a new day and this year looks like it will be busy and full of growth.

To growth!

No comments:

Blog Archive