After all I have been in his shoes before. Last time I had the flu he was out of town and it snowed for the first time after we moved into our house. I had to still take care of the kids and still make meals. Granted we watched lots of TV while I rested or shivered next to them but I still worked hard. I felt like Matt should be working hard too. What is a little sickness after all?
I had some time to ponder this and I realized something. Maybe I am given the ability to keep pushing myself as a mother when I'm sick because I am specifically promised Heaven's help as a mother.
"Do the best you can through these years (while raising young children), but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones. " [Elder Holland, Because she is a mother]
I am strengthened because I am doing a God's work. I have heard women complain that their husbands feel like the world ends when they are sick. I now feel guilty because I thought this the whole weekend. But now I realize that I was wrong. I should be grateful that I am promised such help from Heaven and have more compassion for my husband.
I am grateful to recognize tender mercies from Heaven because it helps me realize that I am never alone in trying to be the parent I want to be. As long as I am trying I am promised help.

No comments:
Post a Comment