Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Goodbye To The South

We have been waiting for a while to see whether or not we will be relocating. It is with a heavy heart that we would leave all of our friends here. It is the longest places we have consecutively lived. 

When we moved from Utah I was feeling very overwhelmed and realized I was leaving everything I had ever known behind. I knew no one in TN and all of the things I owned were traveling in a Uhaul 1,700 miles to a new home. 

Now we have lived in three wards since we have been here.  We have met so many amazing people. People who feel like family. Ward families are amazing and I know that the organization of the church is proof that it is an organization run by God. 

Upon finally getting the official word to move we were under a time crunch to find a place to live. We were able to call two different bishops and both helped us out in anyway they could. In anyway we asked. 

We have been spending the last few days here doing things we love. We have gone to the temple, the zoo, our favorite park, and played with all of our friends. 

At the temple we did sealings. And on my way out I walked through the sealing room and no one was there. I stopped and soaked up the peaceful feeling. I gave thanks to my Heavenly Father for all that He has given me while I have been away from family. He gave me good friends to help not feel so alone. 

I love TN and love the people here. But I am so excited to be back in the west. Living by my brother and his family will be like nothing we have ever had. 

We will have a couple of hard stressful weeks but it will all work out. It always does. 

So here is to Colorado!!!! 

2 comments:

kmo said...

It's so hard to move, but I'm sure you will love living by family again. Good luck with everything!

Becky said...

Love you guys! So happy for new adventures for your family :)

Blog Archive