I have made this friend my shopping buddy. To add her to amazing qualities she also is incredibly brilliant and well spoken. She reads all the time and I also found out that she spoke at her graduation at BYU, in the Marriot Center, because she was one of those curve breakers who broke all curves, even at BYU.
I always felt a little guilty serving her because in return for a service I rendered she would give 10x the love and appreciation in return. She was always so grateful for any thought of her and I came to believe that I was actually a good person. She even once called me, Christ-Like, which I couldn't believe because I know my faults and they are many.
But that is the way she makes me feel. She makes me feel unique and special. I guess that is what a true friend is. Someone who makes you believe you are amazing. Someone who doesn't judge but takes you as you are and shows you the good.
She has been fighting a hard fight against cancer and now she has decided to stop treatment.
It breaks my heart more than I can explain. I have tried to keep busy and recently drove to the mall and spent more than I should to keep my mind off of the pain I feel. Driving for me is a great time because my children are often quiet and I am able to ponder.
But I am just grateful to have been her friend. I know so many people love and admire her for her exemplary example of womanhood.
I have wondered why this is happening to this perfect person and her perfect family. But unfortunely I know why I shouldn't ask that question.
Elder Scott said, "It really does no good to ask questions that reflect opposition to the will of God. Rather ask, What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience?" (Trust in the Lord)
What am I to do and learn from her?
How to show gratitude
How to be kind to everyone
How to be patient
How to laugh even when all seems to be going wrong
How to be a woman of faith
How to wear heels
How to properly describe overly girly products..."it looks like a unicorn threw up on it."
How to describe some peplum tops, "it looks like a pregnant ice skater outfit."
Elder Scott in that same talks about, "To exercise faith is to trust that the Lord knows what He is doing with you and that He can accomplish it for your eternal good even though you cannot understand how He can possibly do it. We are like infants in our understanding of eternal matters and their impact on us here in mortality. Yet at times we act as if we knew it all. When you pass through trials for His purposes, as you trust Him, exercise faith in Him, He will help you. That support will generally come step by step, a portion at a time. While you are passing through each phase, the pain and difficulty that comes from being enlarged will continue. If all matters were immediately resolved at your first petition, you could not grow. Your Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son love you perfectly. They would not require you to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for your personal benefit or for that of those you love." (Trust in the Lord)
So now I must trust in Him to know that everything will be alright. I have no fear for her because the reward for such a valiant life will be with our Heavebly Father. But I need to trust that I can handle the absence of her in my life. I hurt for her dear Dad and mother--people who I grately esteem and love. I ache for her two beautiful daughters and husband. The people who will most feel the absence of her, when all the crowds and people are gone.
Dearest friend I love you.
Thank you for letting me be a part of your life.
1 comment:
Just cried my eyes out! I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment