Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This is our first Thanksgiving all by ourselves, And it was fabulous. I kind of feel like a grinch saying that but have always had to run everywhere to meet and spend time with everyone. Which I know is a huge blessing but because I'm a scheduled mother with my kids, it always causes headaches and sleepless nights for days after. 

We ate what we wanted, when we wanted, and started our own family traditions. Matt is never home, so when he is home we try and spend as much time together as a family. Which is why we are lame parents and never go on couple dates. 

We just like being home and playing with each other. After dinner we played football as a family and then, of course, biked. Samuel decided he would peddle today (wahoo), and Joshua finally rode his bigger bike we got him last year. 

It was a blast! We also now have all our Christmas decorations up. This is such a fun time of year! 




Joshua on his new bike. 

Playing football. 

Me and my extra player. 
Love these boys!!! 

Yes we are eating our dinner on paper plates. I don't think of myself as very domestic so don't judge. We ordered all our dinner except the pies and rolls. I do NOT do store bought pies or rolls. I only did one load of dishes today and the food was amazing! Will have my dinner catered from now on. 
My pie makers. 
And of course we had to build lots of LEGO towers. Thanks to Samuel's destructive nature we have built several. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! 

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I especially loved your football picture and the one of the boys all posed! That is awesome!

Becky said...

Gotta love Thanksgiving with just your little family! Making memories you will treasure :) Yay for football...something I have grown to love...and you have the perfect team!

Blog Archive