Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Our Lives and Then Some

August just flew by! I am super excited though because I hate summer heat and I love fall! 

Matt and I have now been married 7 years. And apparently according to people at Matt's work, once you make it to the 7 year mark you and your marriage have arrived! Wahoo! They say, you now will probably stay together. That's good to hear. 

Joshua is starting preschool 2X a week and I wish it was more. He is the most social kid I know. I can't keep up with him and being a nursing mother I'm alway tired. Even though Benjamin is the best sleeper we have ever had. 

But life is good and I love all the friends I'm starting to make here, it seems like it has taken longer to know people because I was pregnant/immobile/miserable for the past 9 months. But I'm all healed and enjoying running and eating! Every day should be a fabulous day because I can eat! I Found a quote I love from a conference talk, 

"Optimism is a virtue that allow us to see God's loving hand in our life." 

So I just keep repeating that when I'm feeling overwhelmed that I can't do everything I want. 
After a big meltdown and waking up too early, we crash. 

It's so green here. First walk after feeling completely healed. Hate the humidity here but LOVe the green!

Benji's room finally has a crib. He's sleeping by himself these days and is doing a fabulous job at it! 

Joshua gave his first talk last Sunday in primary. He did amazing! Weird because I felt way more nervous than him and so proud because he was so confident. Love this boy so much! 

Happy little guy! 


7 years looks good on us! I think we finally maybe can pass for adults, everyone thinks we look barely old enough to be married. Probably should of seen a picture of us when we were engaged. We truly looked like teenagers then. 

This day was also interesting because it was the first time my grandparents have not been on earth to share it with us. Made me incredibly sad and happy to think about. Sure do miss them, but glad they are together now. 

We went to the temple for our anniversary and I left Ben with a sitter. It almost killed me! But we had fun and ate delicious food afterward. That made me feel like an adult, I paid a sitter. Normally when we go, we swap with a family who has kids in the ward or take them to a play place near the temple. I think maybe I'm starting to feel grown-up. I still think I'm 18 most days. 

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Maritza, You are looking fabulous! Congrats on your 7 years! Also, somehow I missed the detail of your wee little one, Benjamin, way to go momma! It can be super hard being in a new area and not having a large support system when you are feeling less than par. You are a strong lady though. I have always admired that about you!

Becky said...

Wahoo!!! 7 years and many more to come!! And yes Mark and I still look young too. When we are 50 or older I hope people still think that. :) Way to go Joshua on your first talk in primary!! Just don't grow up too fast while you cuties live so far away! I'm so glad we can connect through our blogs. I keep bugging Mark!! I gotta visit the bestest family in TN! Love you all!

Blog Archive