Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Water Lilies...

I have always been obsessed with Monet. Probably since I first saw one in my art history book in 5th grade. And have since dreamed about attempting such a painting project. My sister in-law recently came to my house and couldn't believe I painted the art work in my home. Plus the compliments from Karen and Carry, I decided now was the time and Matt was going to be gone for another week, so why not? I won't be able to paint when this little one comes so now is as good as ever.

I was so frustrated with it for so long that I didn't even take a beginning shot. I had several pictures to work from and just made some of it up. And the reason there is a big dark spot on it in the first shot was because I had painted flowers and realized that it just didn't look right. I tried to remind myself what Karen told me, if I don't like it, just paint over it. So I did. I painted over a lot of items in this one. But I think I am done and I think I am satisfied. I usually am not always that pleased with my art until much later but here it is.




No comments:

Blog Archive