Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Zoo in December

Yesterday we went to the happiest place on earth...the Nashville zoo. :) Joshua loves this place. When it was warmer we probably went twice a week. But we've all been sick for about a month and haven't been for a while so when we saw it was going to be 70 degrees and sunny we headed out. No one was there! Loved that! Joshua had his own private train and carousel ride.

While we were there Joshua tried to play with another little boy who was a little older. This boy didn't want to play with josh and ran away from josh. Josh chased him and the boy was not happy about this so he turned around and called Joshua ''a bad boy." Joshua immediately yelled back, "no you bad boy!"

I grabbed Joshua and we went away from this kid. I could see Joshua was going to cry. He has never had another child yell at him before. His face broke my heart. He started to get hysterical and say "josh not bad boy!"

Growing up I could never understand why my mom would get so upset over anything that hurt me.

Now I know. I'm hers.

Nothing hurts worse when your child feels bad because someone was mean to them. I'm going to be a wreck whenever he gets hurts in his life. Not sure I'm ready for that. But I'm glad I feel so protective because it actually made me realize how much my children are a part of me. How much I NEED them.
.......

We had to take a picture of "blue" at the zoo this time because Joshua loves Blue...from the movie Rio. Did you know Blue lives in Nashville?

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

So cute! Lucky that you can go to the zoo in December without freezing!

Can I get your address? I want to send you a Christmas card and I was going to text you but wasn't sure if your number had changed when you moved across the country! You can email me it amyjane44@gmail.com or my number is the same. Thanks!!

Blog Archive