Joshua randomly picked up the oven mit and started looking in the oven like he was baking. Then I asked him it was done and he said naha. Then he shut the oven and looked in it again. Don't worry the oven really wasn't on...I'm not that bad of a mother. Also here is a picture of Josh copying dad happily while we wait for stake conference to start.
After we've had breakfast I shower. I usually give him a cookie and put on cartoons to distract him for 15 mins while I rush to get ready for the day. The other day I rushed out to check on him because that morning he didn't want to watch cartoons and after having heard stories of other children getting into big messes I was a little worried. To my surprise I found he had turned on the tv gotten into the fridge, taken out the grapes, shut the fridge and was enjoying an episode of cartoons. I just laughed.
Then the next day I gave him the grapes and cartoons and set a cookie by the grapes. When I came out the grapes were back in the fridge and he was happily eating his cookie. No mess. No open doors. He's pretty much perfect.
He has his moments but I'm convinced he's pretty much perfect. I try and wonder why I ever complain about him. The first year was so hard but I think it was hard because both of us had no idea what we were doing. Now that he's learning and developing I often just sit and watch him. Watch him play with his trucks, legos, stuffed animals, card games, watch everything. The whole world is a wonder to him and I love being there with him to discover it. His smile melts me every time and I'm finding I have more patients. More patience for the tantrums, more patiences for the nightmears, and more patiences for the poop (which has been really hard since I'm pregnant and always nauseated).
I'm even more patience with this pregnancy than I was with josh's Almost two weeks ago we took a little trip to the ER to get me hydrated. It took 3 liters of fluid and 8 liquid mg of zofran to perk me back up. If you had talked to me that day or the next I was pretty down on myself. I hate being hungry. I hate being thirsty! I hate not eating things I know taste good. I hate having more zofran in me than the local grocery pharmacy usually carries. I hate it all!
But in the end I get a perfect child. A perfect beautiful child and that is what getse me through each day of this long miserable 9 months! That is what keeps me trying. That is my hope. That is why unless I'm close to another ER visit you will see me smiling. I know my limits and things like church and long days wipe me out. But people don't see that...poor matt does. Poor matt. He gets to see the puking, the tears, the frustrations, and constant sick feeling I experience. But he still loves me. He still holds my hand and comes home the moment he can to take care of me. What more could I need?
P.S. This was posted from my phone so the photos are out of order, so I'm sorry. This is also two posts but I wanted it in this order and didn't want to redue everything so this is me being lazy. Enjoy!
p class="mobile-photo">
Here are a few pictures of my belly so far. The first picture is of me at 11 weeks. Yup, notice the maternity pants. That happened much earlier than last time but something funny about my weight...I lost weight to start off. Then I haven't been able to gain even an once. Exactly the same at each appointment. You'd think there be some fluctuation but nope.
The next photo is of me at 18 weeks. As far as I know I think I gained weight but I don't keep a scale in my house. I swore I never would after seeing how friend's mothers obsession with weight made them extra insecure and then reading study after study about the negative affects it has on the kids if a mother is constantly dieting and checking her weight. So no scale but my belly seems to be growing just fine. But eveytime i think have ive gained weight i get on the scale at the doctors and it says otherwise...so ive stopped guessing. Maternity jeans and regular jeans fluctuate daily with the level of food consumed. As each day varies from just crackers to maybe two full meals. Just depends but I am more than confident that the weight will come. It always does.
4 comments:
You are so close to finding out what you're having! I'm so excited. You are doing wonderful! Being so patient with being sick. I think I would be crying all day. I hate puking. I'm so happy that Joshua is such a good little guy for you. It makes being sick just a little easier I'm sure. I've been missing you guys a lot. Come visit soon. For a long time! Or maybe just move to West Jordan!!! Even better. Love you all!
I am always in aw of how happy and positive you are every time I see you! You're amazing! And Josh is such a doll. He has a great mother! :)
You are soooo tiny!! and cute.
Hang in there Maritza!!! I love the picture of Matt and Josh being soooo reverent. I can't get over how cute he is and I hope I get to see more of you guys if you move closer!!
Post a Comment