Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Five Years Since I was a Brave...

Five years. Has it really been that long? I never would have guessed how much could have changed in my life in five years. I’m someone who doesn’t really like to dwell on the past so much so I was not planning on attending our first high school reunion or any for that fact. Maybe it is because I think that graduating from high school was no biggie because it was, well, high school. I already see those people I care about the most and can stalk the others online ;). It is not that I suffered from a horrible high school experience, quite the contrary. I had a blast! Literally, so many interesting things happened to me during that time. Here are a few that I have been thinking about…

-Had my first real kiss
-Had my first real boyfriend(of course those two had to be first ;))
-Pulled off some amazing test scores
-Pulled off some not so amazing test scores
-Attended National Young Leadership Conference in Washington D.C.
-Attended Freedom’s Foundation at Valley Forge
-Successfully pulled off being a bigger brown noser than I thought was possible
-Was elected a Junior Officer
-Made some great friends
-Discovered the glory of Café Rio with those great friends
-Learned that if I waited around long enough, I could usually get what I wanted…sterling scholar
-Was taken to lunch by two former teachers (yes, they pulled me about 30 minutes early out of class), looking back that was probably weird for people to see but Meh, a free lunch and early out…
-Won a state title
-Watched the football team win back to back titles
-Was a mascot, literally a walking modern day Pocahontas
-Talked my way from a B to an A by threatening to drop his class if he didn’t
-Scared the living day lights out of my date by having him pulled into the Asst. Principal’s office and told he was disqualified from his NSQAT status because they caught him cheating, then gave him a note saying, Just Kidding…will you go to the Christmas dance with me 
-Then had this said kid pulled over by officer Haws to answer him ‘yes’ to prom…hahah, poor kid
-Found myself being an idiot and a diva on more than one occasion
-Realized that flirting extensively has consequences
-Passed my AP exams
-Applied to only BYU because I didn’t want to go anywhere else
-Had the assistant principal pull me out of class and ask if I needed the UBISC test in Spanish, just in case
-Made it up to Elephant rock on my bike in 31.5 minutes, my goal was 30 but I still had fun
-Did my CNA courses in half the time and rocked the state test
-Learned that I loved to rock climb

While I have left many things out I think that about sums it up. Great times! What I’m really grateful for is the friendship of three great friends. Friends who have stuck by through everything. Two of which even helped bless my baby. They threatened Matt that if he ever treated me poorly they would have to face them. My brothers didn’t even do that. They always drove me around and I never offered to pay for gas. They were always kind and helped pick me up after I fell. I just wanted to say thanks! You know who you are. Thinking about high school lately made me realize that they were incredible! I was so lucky and I didn’t even tell them.

No comments:

Blog Archive