Dear Parents with Ill Children,
I know that going to church is very important. It really does help break up the long tedious week but I have a small request of you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't bring your ill children to church. Seriously.
Today Matt & I saw a little girl puke her guts out. Poor thing, she was probably only 2 and there she was puking during the middle of sunday school. Don't you think if your child is ill you should keep them home? It is flu season & the swine flu is ever present, so why don't you take your children home?
I know that the Lord will not be mad at you for staying home & tending your poor child. Because, honestly, who wants to be at church when they are ill. Plus, think of the other children you are putting at risk.
Sincerely,
The Smith Family
Weekly Quote
"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins
Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.
4 comments:
That is exactly the reason why Peyton's Dr. encourages us to not take him to all of church during flu and RSV season because there are too many kids that are sick and to many parents that take the sick children to church. I agree that I am sure you will be forgiven taking a week off from church if you are sick!!
I am so with you guys on this one!! Mark and I are in nursery....can I tell you.....how hard this calling is. I love the kids, but I don't like germs. We use sanitizer about every five minutes and strip down when we come home. How I would love if there was ever a day in nursery the kids were all healthy!! We have sent some kids back to their parents. We try our hardest to be so healthy and would love to stay that way! Here is to a hopeful healthy flu season!
Oh man, I so agree with you about this! Soooo stinkin' frustrating when you're already worried about your poor baby getting sick and you can hear kids hacking up a storm all during sacrament meeting, ahhh!
I love it!!! I had to beg to be released from my primary class because all my little 4 year olds were so sick and I really didn't want to get it. Also RSV season is here so lets add that to the list.
Post a Comment