Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

70th & 3rd Anniversary!

Today was mine & my grandparent's anniversary! Matt had class until 6:00 today so Joshua and I decided to go on a little road trip to Brigham. We went and put flower on my grandfather's grave to help celebrate his big day. The interesting thing about it was that as soon as I set Joshua down by the grave site he would not stop smiling. He was laughing and giggling as if I were tickling him. It was really neat and made me weepy.

I cried all the way to Brigham because I was thinking about past memories I had with my grandparents. I really miss you Quig! Thank you for being such great grandparents!


Sooooo CUUUUTTTEEE!

The flower I brought him and their special date.



I tried to take a picture of us laying down but as you can see Joshua didn't like the sun...even though it was overcast.


This one is by far my favorite. We had such a fun time!




That is what a 7 month old that weighs 20 lbs 4 oz looks like ;).
After Matt got home we went and ate at a local restaurant that has been around since 1914. Apparently it was the place to hang-out when my grandparents were in Logan. Once I was there I realized that I had been there before with my grandparents and parents. What a neat place! Matt & I enjoyed our steak and even got a free dessert! What a deal!
It doesn't even seem like we have been married for that long. So much has change and we have come so far! Our marriage is so strong and we are SOOO HAPPY! I have the best family!





3 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

So glad you went to visit Grandpa. That was very thoughtful of you and I am sure Grandma really appreciated it. Hope you two love birds had a great day as well. You have such a darling little family and I am so happy for you! Here's to MANY MANY more happy years to
70!!

erin said...

it's fun to keep up with you on your blog. holy moly, were we freshman 4 years ago?!?! I guess so, since you've been married for three, crazy. and congrats, that's just wonderful ;)

I'm still getting the hang of the blogging thing, but here's our address

http://erinandrobby.blogspot.com

tell ed hi :)

Joe and Diana said...

oh how cute... he's smiling... I'm so sad you were crying...

Blog Archive