Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Conference Meme Time


Elder Duncan probably gave one of my favorite talks during this general conference. 

I remember speaking to the primary president in my TN Ward and being shocked that people openly talked bad about her and even yelled at her. Seriously?  I thought why would any member of the church do such a cruel thing? It wasn't like this was her "job" and what she went to school for. She was volunteering her time, energy, and I'd say soul to help the primary grow. 

I remember thinking I hope I never get put in that position. 

Flash forward almost two years. I've had a hard time for sure with my new call but it probably was aggravated by the fact that I had one snide person to deal with. He treated me with contempt when I asked questions and literally talked down to me. I let him get to me and eat at my psyche. I was getting really upset and relating too much to "revenge" songs. I wanted to call him out for his behavior. But I really wanted to understand why I had been given his contempt? No one could accuse me of not trying or not giving 100% to my calling over the past few months, so I felt like I didn't deserve his attitude. 

Matt is a much better person than me. He always thinks positive of people and tries to remind me that people are imperfect. But that's not what I wanted to hear. I wanted him to console me and tell me I was right for condemning this person. 

After this I heard this talk I knew I had to try and forgive this individual. He probably doesn't even know how his attitude and unkindness ate at me. He might not even care but that's on him. 

Today I'm barrying my hatchet. I am applying the atonement to my life because I need His grace. I need to be forgiven of all the times I made snyde remarks or got upset. I need to be forgiven of all the times I was in the wrong and didn't choose the hard right. 


No comments:

Blog Archive