Weekly Quote

"You will experience great joy in life as you eradicate adult-onset pessimism and substitute childlike optimism."
-Elder Perkins

Here is to a new year of being more optimistic and more like my amazing children. They teach me everyday about how to be better.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Adulthood

I recently watched a Grey's anatomy that reminiscent about how we grow up but really don't grow up. I'm finding that to be absolutely true. 

Children in general are very loving and happy. It's as we get older we become more cruel. It's a learned habit. Isn't that sad? 

Being in a leadership position has given me lots of information about people. And I've realized that we haven't really grown up. We pay bills, are parents, teach our kids to be kind to everyone, but for some reason those rules don't apply to us. 

It's sad.

I was recognized in my scripture reading today that Christ was beaten down physically and spiritually during His life. He didn't deserve it because He was sinless. 

I have sinned much in my life and probably do deserve guile from others. But if I'm looking at things with Heaven's eyes then I should take the cruelness without complaint. 

I shouldn't let people's inability to grow up bother me. So I won't. 

Here is to being more like my kids and loving life. 

No comments:

Blog Archive